Sunday, January 01, 2006

This is the first morning of the rest of your year.

I woke up this morning and was a bit disappointed that my most profound New Years morning thought was that I wanted to get up and brush my teeth. Eatting cheese and crackers before bed leaves a stale taste in ones mouth.

Just so yaknow.

Now gather around, kids. I want to tell you a story.

I used to work with someone that was one of those people that lit up a room. She made me look like a wallflower.

She laughed outloud and often. Her laugh was contagious. She spoke with a smile on her face and she was exciting to be around. She was passionate about her work and the people she worked with. She had a heart as big as the world and she was loved, greatly loved, by everyone that knew her.

I only crossed paths with her, I can't say that I really knew her personally. I mostly knew of her. She lived in another state - I never met her face to face but from time to time we would be on the same conference calls together. Despite the distance, I knew without a doubt that she was one of those bright shiney people that lived and loved every second of her life.

Over the summer, at the age of 45, she got married for the first time. She and her new hubby took a month long honeymoon to someplace sunny and fabulous. They entertained frequently and from what I was told they had a beautiful home and an amazing garden wedding.

She passed away in her sleep unexpectedly on December 23rd.

I didn't know her personally but I know without a doubt that woman LIVED every second of her life with joy on the inside and on the outside. She was overflowing with life. When I heard she died my heart sank. She was someone that not only had it all - emotionally, financially, spiritually, relationships, all of it - she also appreciated it all and LOVED it all.

She was ridiculously happy.

In 2006 - I want to live. Really live.

Like Sue did.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely put.

11:39 AM  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Wow. That sure puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Morbid as this may sound, I honestly feel that if I died tomorrow, I wouldn't have any regrets with where I am today. I feel that I've done what I've set out to do in my life now and everything else is a mighty fine piece of cake. I find a lot of comfort in that.

(knock on wood...) tee hee.

On another note, I woke up and sat straight up in bed this morning completely FREAKING out that I was going to be 50 this year.

But then I remembered that it's 2006, not 2010. Sheesh.... what a relief.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ridiculously happy

what a wonderful thing to strive for.

Happy New Year!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

Well G/F, I think with each of us in each other's life, we totally can accomplish this! Let's live it up without a regret in the world!

Hearing stories about such wonderful people like Sue, who crossed your path, just wakes me up even more.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home