Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Commitments, Mickey Gilley & Mr. Incredible

I recently received this quote from Morning Mantra - which absolutely rocks by the way so if you haven't subscribed - for shame....for shame...

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results."
~Art Turock

I love it when I see people out in the world that are so committed to doing something that despite the roadblocks, they just keep pushing forward to achieve their goals.

There are extreme human examples of this like Kyle Maynard who I saw on Extreme Home Makeover *swoons over Ty Pennington* last Sunday. Talk about an amazing example of commitment. But there are also people in the world with less than extraordinary circumstances but their commitment to thier children, work, marriages, community is astounding.

The act of committing to something is impressive. Doesn't matter how big or small it may seem.

What are you committed to?

Last night I had a dream that I was hired to drive Mickey Gilley from Minnesota to Nashville. I've never been to Nashville in my life, never been hired to drive anyone but somehow through a friend of a friend of a friend I was asked to do the job. In the dream Mickey was against airplanes and tour buses so we made the trip in a Mini Cooper.

The trip was completely uneventful, we just had good conversation along the way. Turns out Mickey has quite the witty sense of humor and we got along quite well. I was a little surprised at his diverse taste in music. We listened to as much hip hop as we did country music. It was a little unnerving the first time I heard him singing along with Black-Eyed Peas.

My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump...check it out...

When we got to Nashville I got to meet his girlfriend. She was stunning, an absolute knock out and very friendly. We met her at a restaurant and as we left she went to get in her car which apparently didn't have reverse on it. So this glittery babe in heals tosses her hoopty into NEUTRAL and pushes it back out of the spot while Mickey and I looked on. I offered to help and she let out a friendly and heavily accented, "You are such a peach but I got this honey...I've been doing this for years."

YEARS?

OK.

So Mickey and I left and I dropped him off at his house. As I was leaving he asked me if I wanted to move in. "Nothing sexual" he explained. He went on to say that he thought it would be a "hoot" to have me about.

I thanked him and told him no but told him to keep in touch anyways. He told me I could keep the Mini Cooper which would be a damn dream come true.

Then I woke up because one of the cherubs flushed the toilet.

Today I have a lot going on and some of it is in preparation for Mr. Incredible's arrival. My plan is to convince him that Minnesota is wonderful and he wants to move here as quickly as possible or if that doesn't work out plan B is to just tie him to my bed. But before that, cleaning and errands.

Didn't I just clean this house?

So that is what's shaking in this neck of the woods. If anyone wants to take a shot at analyzing the Mickey Gilley dream please do.

3 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Zoiks. I wouldn't touch that dream with a 10 foot pole! I'm also a very vivid dreamer and I wake up shaking my head at some of the stuff my mind makes up. S*C*A*R*Y funny dreams, I have.

I think we should just agree that vivid dreams are a sign of extraordinary intelligence and creativity and beauty (heh). That's going to be my theory from now on since that describes both of us so well. Oh, I forgot- humble. That should be part of the description as well.

Wow- did I go on a tangent? I think I did! Do you pay me per word or something?

(Maybe I should use all this pith and go to work now where they DO pay me by the word.. ha ha)

9:02 AM  
Blogger KathyK said...

Not only is your dream freaky on its own, but Mickey Gilley's name was in the news here locally yesterday. They completed demolition of Gilley's Rodeo Arena (finally) - the place that was featured in Urban Cowboy. ***insert Twighlight Zone music here***

The image of Mickey Gilley singing about his hump - that's just wrong.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Iki said...

Forget the dream. I totally want a Mini Cooper also. Too bad my dogs won't fit in one. *sigh*

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home